Monday, April 21, 2014

Tea Anyone?

With a bit of free time this weekend, I was able to spend a few hours paper piecing my April block for the Sew Kitschy Block of the Month with Quiet Play.  As expected, each month the pieces get smaller and the piecing gets a little more difficult.  With each finished block, I feel more confident with my paper piecing abilities.



April's block was this little teapot.  I decided to make my teapot gray as it is a color I want to bring into this wall hanging.  It works so well with the background and the triangular patterned counter top.



As each blocks gets finished, I have been taping them to a wall in my studio so I can enjoy them.  
Only 5 more blocks to go!


http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/5198185

Linking up with Molli Sparkles for Sunday Stash, Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times and Stitch by Stitch for Anything Goes Monday!

Sew Kitschy


And of course I am linking up with Kristy at Quiet Play.  If you think my teapot is cute, you should see some of the others!

11 comments:

ipatchandquilt said...

Very pretty! I would like to "come over for a cuppa"? You have cookies? I can bring some!
;-)
Esther

Val's Quilting Studio said...

So cute and I really love your orange with light turquoise and gray. :)

Marly said...

They're pretty blocks all of them. That looks like a real old farm teapot; I bet you'll be pouring a strong cuppa!

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

This block is beautiful, as well as the previous ones you've made. I love the color combination and the triangle tiles. I'm looking forward to see the five blocks to come as well as the finished top.

Serena @ Sewgiving said...

It turned out great! I haven't started this one yet ... I'm loving this series :)

Sharon Dawn said...

I love your blocks! She does such nice designs, but I am still very much a beginner. They look inspiring on your wall!

SewPsyched! said...

So great!!!

Jane said...

That is so cute! I love your colour scheme.
Thanks for linking up :).

ratama said...

Like your colors!

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

These are fantastic! I love your color choices. :)

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

Love, love, the orange and blue.

01 09 10