Monday, December 1, 2014

December Goals - ALYoF

Can there really be only 30 days left in this year?  I had all these plans for holiday gifts and as usual, I fear I have run out of time to get many of them finished.  Why do I wait every year!!

In hoping that I get at least a few gifts sewn up this season, I am going to make my December ALYoF goal with Sew Bittersweet Designs very achievable this month.  My readers know I have been sewing up three alphabet quilts and I am beginning to lose steam on completing them.  To ensure they don't fall by the wayside, I am going to plan on finishing at least one of them this month.




The set I am having the hardest time working on is the wonky set.  I am disappointed I did not add a light gray border around the letters before I put on the colored background.  I am sure it will be fine once I get it quilted but I kick myself every time I work on the blocks.  Maybe making the completion of this quilt my December goal will ensure I keep with it.

How about you, are you on schedule with your holiday sewing?

If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Craftsy, Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar!
Fresh Sewing Day

5 comments:

mpv61 said...

I think the light gray border you're kicking yourself for leaving out isn't needed, and might even look kind of fussy if you had it in. I like the square you've shown, as is. :)

Whitney T said...

Holiday gift sewing and I aren't really friends :P I think that I am going to manage to give quilts to a few family members, but since they were both started over a year ago, I don't really count them as holiday sewing. I am going to be so happy to have few UFOs completed though!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Go Go Go!!! You can do it!!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your letters will look great once they're done. You're just having those mid-quilt doubts. I'm not holiday sewing this year. I think the family needs a break from my fabric gifts. I'll make up for it next year. Good luck with acheiving your Decmber goals.

SewPsyched! said...

get er done, Grrll!!
Har Har, on the xmas sewing. My family know to expect their handmade gifts around the fourth of july!! And noone minds a bit.
I love these letters! Ponder a flash of color for somewhere else, and let that light grey, go :)

01 09 10